• Patented Snap-On® design with no need for additional accessories. The filter is simply inserted into the lens’s filter thread!
• Filters are coated in Switzerland with the world-famous Cibachrome® dyes, making them extremely resistant to fading.
• The dye-gelatin mix is modified with modern polymers, so the filters can resist rain drops and a short wash under cold water, unlike any other gelatin-coated filters.
We designed this product to open the door to filtration for photography enthusiasts, wanting to experiment with creative effects.
A gelatin filter is surely no replacement for an expensive brass-mount double-sided AH-coated glass filter, yet it allows fun and exploration at a friendlier price and with a lot of variety. ADOX filters are available in several colors and many diameters.
A filter is lightening it’s own color, while darkening the opposite on the color wheel. Applying filters in black-and-white photography opens up many creative possibilities.
• GREEN filter adds texture to skins and deepens lips in portraiture. It also balances contrasty landscape scenes with a lot of trees, making foliage lighter.
• YELLOW darkens water and skies, bringing out the clouds, while reproducing grass and trees lighter. It is a “classical” filter color.
• IR RED allows to play with light pseudo-infrared effects on extended red sensitivity films like ADOX HR-50. In portraits, it creates a surreal effect of “glowing” skins and lips. A red filter also renders almost black skies.
• TUNGSTEN CONVERSION allows to use tungsten films outdoors.
If you shoot in direct sunlight the use of a lens shade is recommended, like with all filters. Do not shoot directly into the sun, unless you can cope with some flare.
If a filter has an X2 factor, it means the exposure time or aperture have to be increased by one stop. For example, if a scene is metered f16 @ 1/125s, with a red filter it becomes either f11 @ 1/125s, or f16 @ 1/60s.
The patented SNAP-ON design allows easy insertion of the filter into the camera’s filter mount. No additional tools or expensive filter holders! If the diameter is picked accurately, the little “teeth” bite right into the lens’s filter thread. The filter is easily removed by pulling the “handle”.
The ADOX SNAP-ON filters are coated in Switzerland with extra-stable Cibachrome®️ dyes, which do not fade over time.
The dyes are modified with modern polymers, and are resistant to rain drops and rinsing with water below 25°C/77°F. The filters should be treated with care, but accidental scratches are of no big concern. Most scratches, even quite apparent ones, will not be visible on the final images.
Rubbing with an abrasive sponge or washing in water above 25°C/77°F will damage the surface. Cleaning the filter with a soft brush or compressed air is the best. If necessary, a short rinse in cold water without detergents can be done too.
Those are identically processed non-adjusted scanned negatives of ADOX HR-50 film.
ADOX®️ and CIBACHROME®️ are registered trademarks. The SNAP-ON product design is patented.